Find me on Linkedin
Wireframes and research examples
What is UX
User experience, or UX is concerned with how people interact with digital products or services.
The goal of UX is to make digital tasks easier.
I like to follow the ISO standard (ISO-9241:210).
There are lots of things said about standards and UX but in the end, it's about:
- Getting to know your client and their users
- Determining everyone's needs
- Converting those strategic needs into a viable design solution (trickier than it sounds)
- Then circling back to see if you are actually doing what they want or just what they said they wanted (Humans can be kind of tricky that way)
Why is it needed?
Because planning results in better...everything and this includes digital products.
Why I'm qualified to do this
I've spent the last 9 years thinking and reading about making digital products easier to use.
From 2000-2007, I worked hands-on, designing & coding websites following the web accessibility initiative, WCAG and thinking about the user experience.
Before that, I spent years working in a biochem lab actually doing scientific research. That experience helps me understand how I want to push the envelope in this emerging field
But it's more than that. UX is an extension of who I am. I like to deconstruct processes and discover where people find difficulty in completing them.
By the numbers
- 17 years in Digital
- 9 years in User Experience Architecture
- 8 years as a Consultant
What I do
- Write testing protocols, run tests, analyze results
- Qualitative and quantitative research
- User interviews
- Blueprints and planning for responsive web sites
- Design web applications and native application including augmented reality
Who I have done this for
- Energy, Pharma/Health, Insurance, Automotive, Media, Food, Culture, non-profit and Government
- Client-side and agency
- User Test design, User Testing Moderation
- User Testing Evaluation
- Usability Test Design and Analysis (desktop and mobile)
- Wireframes, Prototypes, Blocking Diagrams, Sketch Boards, Personae, Analysis, Presentations
- Consulting from research and design to evaluation
- Front-end development and visual design
- Standards-compliant & accessible
- Sales, analysis and planning
- Recruit and manage small teams
- Website/intranet management
- Information Management Certification
- Digital Media Design Diploma
- B.Sc. Specialized Honours Biochemistry
- Sharpies, highlighters and post-its, Visio, Axure, Illustrator, Photoshop and more.
Ilana Schwartz, BSc.
User Experience Consultant
e email@example.com | Find me on Linkedin
There's also me on Twitter, but it's about 80% complaining about the Toronto Real Estate Market #sorrynotsorry
(c) ilana schwartz 2000-2016